Tuesday, October 2, 2018

East Coast Trip - Part 1

Phew!  We're back!  And somehow it's October.   Going to post some pictures of our trip in batches. One of these days I'll get around to posting Heidi's 3 month photos too, hopefully before she's 4 months.

We spent 2 weeks on the east coast, which is definitely the longest trip we've ever taken.  Everything worked out and the kiddos [mostly] handled it like champs.  I will say I was happy to see a more well behaved 2 year old these past few days since we've been back.  

We started with a red eye from Maui to Phoenix.  Daniel was excited to have his own seat.


He only slept for the last bit of our red eye.  During our layover I tried to keep him happy by putting him in the ergo for the first time in well over a year.




Overall the kids handled the flights pretty well.  We flew from Phoenix to Baltimore and then had a 2+ hour drive.  We left Friday night and got in on Saturday night.  It was a looooong day.




Had to get to Five Guys for a burger!


Or a hotdog in Daniel's case.


There was quite a bit of rain, but we were happy to find the library had a huge play area.  They had tons of puzzles and cars.  Quite exciting if you're 2.5.

 


We got to ride the Colebrookedale Railroad as a huge special treat.  Grandad even bought Daniel a conductor's hat!








One day we went out for a post-nap treat - Rita's!



One day we went to Longwood Gardens.  Daniel LOVED the children's garden.







Went to Delaware to visit Angela and went to the Hagley.  



The pictures are starting to get a bit out of order, but oh well.  We played on many playgrounds.



Ate at Chipotle!


More playgrounds.


And the pictures are now back to Hagley with Angela.



Daniel took it upon himself to get some more bread.  I like his style.  Couldn't even be mad about it.



Okay that's a random place to stop, but that's where I'm going to stop part 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment