Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fun Changes

I swear Danny grew up about 2 months worth in the last 2 weeks...or at least that's what it felt like.  I decided to document some of these for myself so you're invited to read along.  Here are some fun changes we've noticed...
  • Walking!
  • Paying attention when we read.  No longer do we have to sit there and try to keep him from tearing the pages.  He likes to get comfy and look at the pictures while we read.  He actually laughed at a couple things the other night as we were reading Corduroy.
  • Playing ball!  He loves to roll a ball back and forth.
  • Eating with a spoon.  Hello mess!  Kiddo likes to use his own spoon, but he's doing really well with it when he's focused.
  • Playing with his toys.  He's much better at actually playing with his toys.  He will sit and focus on his toys by himself rather than just cruising around causing trouble.  He still does a bit of that, for sure, but it's getting better.  I can always tell when he's a little bored because the first thing is does is walk over the the cabinet with pots and pans to cause to trouble.
  • More vocal. 
  • Imitating us (SO big, etc).
He's really becoming such a toddler, it's crazy.

And finally a note on sleep.  Last night Daniel slept in his crib until 4:30am.  That is HUGE.  I swore I'd never have my baby in bed with me...HA!  After a couple of really lousy nights, we decided that it's time to start having him spend more of the night in his crib.  Last night he only nursed at 1:30 and 4:30 and spent most of the night in the crib.  Here's hoping tonight is another improvement.

Alright, time to do some birthday shopping for our soon-to-be one year old!



2 comments:

  1. The thing with the pots and pans is not "causing trouble", it's "early childhood development". Wait til he can get into the higher cupboards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely true, I just wish he wouldn't get the stack of pots and slam it down on the floor about a millimeter from his foot. I have visions of broken bones. Usually I'll just grab something out of the cabinet for him and give him a wooden spoon so he can go nuts.

    But hey, when he can reach the upper cupboards, that means he can reach the sink...which means he can help with the dishes!

    ReplyDelete